Thursday, July 24, 2014

FEAR OF THE LORD

Come, children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. (Ps 34:12)

WAIT FOR HIS MERCY

You who fear the Lord, wait for his mercy; and turn not aside, lest you fall (Sir 2:7). Keep your tongue from evil, your lips from speaking lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. (Ps 34:14-15)
Lord, in my desire to serve you, I am met with a lot of temptations that leads me to sin. Sins that brings a feeling of guilt and shame, forcing itself to drive me away from you and telling me that I am not worthy of you. I am a sinner and will never be worthy of you but I rest upon your love and grace, knowing and believing that you will never allow any sin to separate us. Look not upon my sins but on my heart that always long for your love and mercy.

As a father pities his children, so the LORD pities those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust. (Ps 103:13-14)

My son, if you come forward to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for temptation. Set your heart right and be steadfast, and do not be hasty in time of calamity. Cleave to him and do not depart, that you may be honored at the end of your life. (Sir 2:1-3)


TRUST IN HIM

Who among you loves life, takes delight in prosperous days? (Ps. 34:13) You who fear the Lord, trust in him, and your reward will not fail. (Sir 2:8)

Lord, I trust in you. Never have you failed in providing for all my needs. You are the source of all that I am today and I believe that there are still much more rewards that you shall give without fail. I just surrender to you everything, all of my desires and wishes, dreams and aspirations, cares and worries. You alone knows what is best for me.

Accept whatever is brought upon you, and in changes that humble you be patient. For gold is tested in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of humiliation. Trust in him, and he will help you; make your ways straight, and hope in him. (Sir 2:4-6)

Blessed the man who fears the Lord.

Blessed the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commands. His posterity shall be mighty upon the earth; the upright generation shall be blessed. His generosity shall endure forever. (Ps 112:1-3).
Blessed are you who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways! For you shall eat the fruit of your handiwork; blessed shall you be, and favored. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine in the recesses of your home; your children like olive plants around your table. (Ps 128:1-3)

Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears the Lord. The Lord bless you from Zion: may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. (Ps 128:4-5)

HOPE FOR GOOD THINGS

You who fear the Lord, hope for good things, for everlasting joy and mercy (Sir 2:9). Fear the LORD, you holy ones; nothing is lacking to those who fear him. The powerful grow poor and hungry but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. (Ps 34:10-11)

Lord, I look up to better and brighter days ahead because of you. Each day, your word brings hope that I will receive all that I ask for in Jesus Name. You alone can give me good things, everlasting joy and mercy.

As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more. But the steadfast love of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.  (Ps 103:15-18)

Consider the ancient generations and see: who ever trusted in the Lord and was put to shame? Or who ever persevered in the fear of the Lord and was forsaken? Or who ever called upon him and was overlooked? For the Lord is compassionate and merciful; he forgives sins and saves in time of affliction. (Sir 2:10-11)


Pericope:
THANKSGIVING TO GOD WHO DELIVERS THE JUST - Psalm 34:1-23

Published: 
May 21, 2013 - 8:19AM, June 3, 2013 - 8:05AM, June 28, 2013 - 7:29 AM