Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Fear not! Stand your ground

 “Fear not! Stand your ground, 
and you will see the victory the Lord will win for you today." 
EXODUS 14 : 13


"There is something greater here.” (Mt 12:41-42) Your right hand, O Lord, magnificent in power, Your right hand, O Lord, has shattered the enemy (Ex 15:6). 

“Fear not! Stand your ground, and you will see the victory the Lord will win for you today. The Lord Himself will fight for you; you have only to keep still.”   (Ex 14:13) 

In times of great fright, you cry out to the Lord and even complain, "Why did you do this to us? Leave us alone. Far better for us to be the slaves than to die.” (Ex 14:10-12)

The Lord said, “Why are you crying out to me? Go forward that you may pass through it on dry land. I will make them so obstinate that they will go in after you. Then I will receive glory through them and they shall know that I am the Lord. (Ex 14:15-18)

The Lord is a warrior, Lord is His name! Pharaoh’s chariots and army He hurled into the sea; the elite of his officers were submerged in the Red Sea. The flood waters covered them, they sank into the depths like a stone. (Ex 15:3-5)

I will sing to the Lord, for He is gloriously triumphant; horse and chariot he has cast into the sea. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and He has been my savior. He is my God, I praise Him; the God of my father, I extol Him. (Ex 15:1-2)